fbpx
    Today's picks

    Smoking iPhone battery forces Apple store evacuation

    A burning and smoking iPhone battery forced the evacuation of an Apple store in the Swiss city of Zurich on Tuesday.
    Zurich police said 50 customers and staff were forced to leave the building in the city center on after the overheated battery started spewing smoke.
    A store worker who was trying to remove the battery from an iPhone suffered minor burns, according to the police.
    “Seven people received medical attention, but none of them had to be hospitalized,” police spokesman Marco Bisa said in a statement.
    Bica said forensic experts are now trying to find out why the battery overheated. He praised the Apple store workers for sprinkling sand on the smoking battery and containing the situation.
    CNN.

    Related Articles

    Close