The U.S. administration has asked Saudi Arabia, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates to contribute billions of dollars in addition to troops to restore security northern Syria, according to Michael R. Gordon writing for the Wall Street Journal.\r\nThe U.S. military contingent in Syria would be replaced by an Arab force following the defeat of Islamic State (ISIS), Gordon quoted U.S. officials as saying.\r\nDetails of the previously undisclosed initiative have emerged following Saturday\u2019s U.S.-led strikes on sites against the Syrian government chemical weapons facilities.\u00a0\r\nU.S. President Donald Trump is growing impatient with the cost and time it is taking to stabilise Syria, the newspaper said. Trump said earlier this month the United States needed to expedite the withdrawal of its 2,000 troops from Syria, but, Gordon said, the administration wants to avoid a security vacuum that would allow ISIS to re-emerge. \u00a0\r\nCharles Lister, a senior fellow at the Middle East Institute, said getting Saudi Arabia and the UAE on board would be difficult as they are already involved militarily in Yemen. Egypt would also be reluctant to defend territory that was not controlled by President Bashar Assad, the Wall Street Journal said.