fbpx
    International News

    The court has not yet rendered its judgment in the trial of Abdel Salam

    The latest version of the trial of Salah Abdel Salam and a suspect partner in Brussels (all local times):
    A Brussels court says the only remaining suspect in the Paris attacks in 2015 and his partner were clearly involved in shooting police officers while trying to escape arrest in Belgium in March 2016, but did not say whether they were guilty so far.
    The court added its reading of the attempted murder of men that the danger emanating from Salah Abdel Salam was “still intact” and said that in the case it was considering, “the terrorist nature of their work” was determined.
    Abidislam and Sufian al-Ayari face up to 20 years in prison for a shooting incident. Came four months after the Paris attacks that killed 130 people.
    The only surviving suspect in the Paris extreme attacks of 2015, one of the closest wanted fugitives in Europe, will hear his verdict in the attempted murder on Monday.
    Salah Abdel Salam is being tried in Belgium for his alleged involvement on March 15, 2016, a shooting by police four months after the Paris attacks that killed 130 people.
    Abdel Salam was on the verge of being arrested in a bunker when he and his partner fled while another man shot and killed police.
    Three days later, Abdel Salam and his partner were arrested in Brussels.
    The federal prosecution seeks a 20-year sentence on the two men, citing a terrorist link in the exchange of fire.

    Related Articles

    Close