Three Dearborn Fordson High School sophomores were arraigned Monday in Wayne County Juvenile Court on assault and battery charges in connection to an Oct. 9 incident at the school involving a 13-year-old boy. A pretrial hearing will be held at the court on Dec. 4.
The three boys are accused of assaulting a freshman football player in the school locker room. During the assault, one of the sophomore’s allegedly exposed himself to the victim, according to Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy. No other details about the incident have been released by the prosecutor.
The assault and battery charges are misdemeanors. The Dearborn Police Department worked with district administrators in its investigation of the incident. At least one of the sophomores was suspended by the district, according to multiple media reports.
“As mentioned in previous comments, behaviors that violate our Student Code of Conduct will not be tolerated in the Dearborn Public Schools,” Superintendent Glenn Maleyko said in a statement earlier this month.
Maleyko has declined to go into detail about the alleged incident, but in an Oct. 12 blog on the district’s website, he said, “I can confirm it was not an incident of rape.”