An accidental Fentanyl overdose, which likely occurred while an 8-month-old girl was in the care of her babysitter in Dearborn Heights, has died according to her mother.
The mother of baby J’ream said her daughter was a “bubbly” little girl prior to the overdose.
After J’ream died, her mother went to the Wayne County Medical Examiner, who told her the likely cause of death was an overdose. The mother, who hasn’t revealed her name to the public, showed Fox 2 the report showing Fentanyl in the baby’s urine.
The overdose happened Sept. 15.
Charges for the babysitter are pending the formal release of the autopsy report to police, according to Dearborn Heights Police Chief Jerrod Hart.
The mother said she doesn’t know how her child ingested the drug, but knows that it had to have happened while at the babysitter’s house.
J’ream was on a ventilator for a couple days, before she died at Children’s Hospital in Detroit.