Benzema's first comment after confirming his absence from the 2022 World Cup

20 November, 2022
Share with a friend

Benzema's first comment after confirming his absence from the 2022 World Cup

Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema commented on his exclusion from the France national team, which will compete in the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.

The best player of the year said in a post on his official Facebook account: “I have never given up in my life, but I have to think about the team as I always do.”

Benzema added, "It is more appropriate to leave my place to someone who can help our team achieve a good World Cup."

He concluded, "Thank you for all the messages of support I have received."

And a statement from the French Football Federation announced, on Saturday night 11/19/2022, that Benzema had been excluded from the squad for the “roosters” participating in the World Cup, which starts on Sunday, due to injury. "I am very sad for Karim, who made the World Cup a great goal for him," said coach Didier Deschamps, adding: "Despite this new blow to the French national team, I have full confidence in the group of players. We will do our best to meet the huge challenge that lies ahead." .

And the French newspaper “L’Equipe” reported that the Spanish Real Madrid striker was forced to leave France early due to injury, on Saturday, in a strong blow to the defending champion 3 days before his first match in the World Cup.


Share with a friend